- Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
2 thoughts on “This Month’s Tip From WarehouseFlow Advisors-MAY”
I know this is a few months late, but I wanted to comment on this. The 20/80 rule was drilled into me when I first became a warehouse supervisor in training 36 yrs. ago and it has never failed me. Even as I moved up in mgmt. roles, I continued to use this philosophy. Your employees see you and you see them. You can communicate with them in their environment and they learn to not respect you but begin to trust you as well. As your well aware off, frontline workers don’t trust mgmt. immediately. They learn about your and your style through your interactions, actions, and follow-up. One of my earlier managers once told me; “People don’t respect what you don’t inspect.” That is something else I also practice, especially in my role as Corporate Safety Manager.
Keep up the great work and continue shouting the safety message. We do hear you!
Thank you for your comment Dominic and appreciate your continued support of the blog. You are right, it’s such an easy routine to develop and helps develop ones time management skills as well. Your company is very lucky to have such a conscientious employee. Keep it up and spread the word!